[thelist] email hosting referrals

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Feb 24 18:19:25 CST 2008

Meredith Tupper wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> You all have steered me right with my last two requests for
> referrals, so I'm back for more.  I have a client who has endured
> quite poor email reliability.  I placed his site and mail with one
> reseller, then another, then finally put the mail with a third party
> mail host, and still his incoming mail is delayed by hours or never
> arrives at all.  His ISP is RoadRunner and none of my other RR
> clients have this problem so I can't blame them.
>
> Two questions:  Is there a valid way to trace email problems?  And
> if not, can anyone recommend a really good third party mail host
> with a decent webmail interface (like Horde rather than Squirrel
> Mail), good spam filtering, and FAST reliable delivery?
>
> I appreciate any recommendations based on experience.
>
> Thanks,
> Meredith
I can't answer your first question, however as provider go, I highly recommend www.luxsci.com and email defense which they offer. It works marvelously, however like many solutions out there it comes with a learning curve. I like it so much that I put together a little FAQ around it:

http://dottedi.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=128&Itemid=284&blog_id=488

-Bob

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions