[thelist] faxing online orders?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Mon Feb 25 09:15:24 CST 2008

On Feb 23, 2008, at 1:05 PM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

>>  A linux box which's only task is to poll and print orders from a web
>>  site doesn't really require maintenance once it is set up and
>> running.
>
> It's one more thing to deal with than he has now. And mostly, I'm
> talking maintenance on the printer. Anything with moving parts...  :-)

Let's apply a little Holmsian logic here.  The customer wants to have
only one physical device to fiddle with.  You have two options:

1) Set him up with a service that sends his emails to his fax.

2) Set him up with a computer that:
	a) receives and auto-prints faxes, and
	b) receives and auto-prints emails

Either solution involves one and only one "thing with moving
parts" (printer or fax).

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider