[thelist] Need name for use in Dyanically generated field name in ASP

Michele Foster foster.michele at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:45:59 CST 2008

Hi all,

I'm building an online registration system, that creates the form field's
name, id and value dynamically.  Such as...

<input type=""radio"" name=""WorkshopGroupID" & WorkshopGroupingID & """
id=""WorkshopID-" & WorkshopID & """ value=""" & WorkshopID & """/>"

The form is self-processing and errors are checked server-side before final
submission.

I have found this code, which will allow me to determine the variable name
and value.

 For Each Field in Request.Form
  TheString = Field & "=Request.Form(""" & Field & """)"
  EXECUTE(TheString)
 Next

The problem arises when the user hasn't filled out all of the information,
resulting in the form being rewritten to the screen, ideally with the values
they entered already pre-filled.

However, for the dynamically generated fields, I can't seem to get ASP to
let me use the field name dynamically in an If statement so that I can
indicate if the field was checked or not. i.e.

If WorkshopGroupID & WorkshopGroupingID = WorkshopID response.write "
checked=checked"

So, I need to build a string of the field name to use in the IF statement,
but am stuck on how to do this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michele