[thelist] Resizing an 'unresizable' windows partition

nick brogna nick at wemakepretty.com
Thu Feb 28 13:51:18 CST 2008

The GPARTED-LiveCD doesn't care 'bout no stinkin' Windows
restrictions...
http://gparted-livecd.tuxfamily.org/

(It also works great to resize Parallels disk images on OS X - SEE: http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/01/9404/)

However, if you are planning on blowing everything else off the disk
and installing a modern day Linux distro (I am assuming by "Novell
distro" you are referring to SUSE and not NetWare/OES), pretty much
any of them should give you the ability to do reformat / repartition
your disk during setup anyway.

Hope this helps!

Nick Brogna
Senior Project Manager