[thelist] regional directories

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Mar 6 12:00:41 CST 2008

I'm muddling around, painstaking, acquiring knowledge about some of the
local directory services beyond google and yahoo.  I'm just wondering if
anyone on the list has any particular positive/negative experiences,
recommendations around this list (or others not on the list).

Am working with these:

judy's book --> a customer service, feedback rating system
Yahoo Local --> their regional listing service.
Google local --> use it regularly
Local.com --> just submitted, testing
infoUSA.com --> just submitted, testing

Haven't done much with these yet:

AOL Local
Ask City
Citysearch - monthly fee to list business
InfoSpace
SuperPages.com
yellowbook.com
DEX online - probably fee based
zoom info
Dunn & Bradstreet Small Business Solutions
insiderpages
Yahoo Local Yellow Pages
yellowpages.com

And no I didn't list craigslist because I don't consider it to be a
directory.

--
Bob