[thelist] Weird Data from Text File:

Casey Crookston caseyb at thecrookstons.com
Mon Mar 10 22:44:08 CDT 2008

Hey there, I'm seeing something really odd in a pretty simple select I'm
doing out of a comma delimited text file:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dim TextConn As New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ImportCats").ConnectionString)

Dim daSource As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM
cats.txt", TextConn)

daSource.AcceptChangesDuringFill = False

Dim dtSource As DataTable = New DataTable

daSource.Fill(dtSource)

GridView1.DataSource = dtSource

GridView1.DataBind()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In web.config:

<add name="ImportCats"
connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxxxx\scripts\;Extended
Properties='Text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited;'" />

To see why the data was not importing into the DB, I outputed the the
datatable to the screen in the gridview you see above.  Here is what I saw
for the first column's name:

Advertiser

I have NO idea where the  is coming from!  It most certainly is not in
the text file!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Casey