[thelist] Blog vs CMS?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Mar 19 10:57:20 CDT 2008

A strange question, open to interpretation I'm sure, but I'm looking
to nail a concept down. What exactly is the difference between a CMS
and a blog?

Seems to me that the only real difference is that of style.

A blog lists short blurbs that lead to the full article or points to
another. But a CMS list view does the same thing.

A blog has categories and calendar based archival organisation--but
so does a CMS.

A blog uses RSS, but so does a CMS.

A blog allows for user comments, but so can a CMS.

So why does one propose a difference between "blog" and "CMS"?

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.