[thelist] Blog vs CMS?

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:16:21 CDT 2008

I'm going to have to disagree. The CMS isn't just the database. It's the
application as a whole, IMHO.

As for Franks question, the line between blog and CMS is continually
shifting as Wordpress, Movable Type, et. al. continue to improve their
offerings. Currently, the main difference that I see between blog and CMS
(and this is even becoming a moot point) is that CMS applications are
designed for multiple users to be able to manage content (including
revisions and approval processes) and blogs were originally built for only
one user to keep a journal.

Again, this is a 'line in the sand' sort of thing. As the tide of innovation
comes and goes the line keeps getting erased and redrawn.

-jeremy