[thelist] Blog vs CMS?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Thu Mar 20 05:36:44 CDT 2008

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> The confusion arises from people labeling anything with a text input
> field a "CMS".  You're entitled to your opinion of Wordpress, etc., but
> calling a chihuahua a bear doesn't make it so :-)
But if it's not a bear what is it? Well, ok the chihuahua is a Dog :)
But what are Wordpress, Drupal, [insert software of your choice here] if not
CMS? I totally understand where your snobbish view of CMS comes from, but
it's not very useful unless you can come up with an alternative nomenclature.

What should people be using instead of 'CMS'?

WSWSLCMABNAPC: Web Software With Some Limited Content Management Ability But
Not A Proper CMS?

Not gonna catch on is it :P

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>