[thelist] Joomla/iFrame question

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Mon Mar 24 10:39:22 CDT 2008

Bob-

I agree with your comments about the assumed knowledge in the Joomla community. Which is odd, as I'd expect them to want to target a more general, non-technical audience.

I did get it to work using Jumi! I couldn't call the page directly, but I created a custom coded page that grabs the GET variables from the URI and then loads the other page with an iFrame call, adding the two GET vars to the src string in the iFrame code. It still stumbled at first, until I discovered that the Joomla email obfuscation plugin was scrambling the email address (which is one of the GET vars). Had to turn that off, then it worked like a charm.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Now i just have to clean up the css on those integrated pages.

As for the code-as-content issue, good question. This may come up in the future for me as well, so perhaps I'll investigate how to get around that. If you come across a means, please share.

Regards,
Ron