[thelist] Microsoft Agent

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Mon Mar 24 13:25:42 CDT 2008

I have had a couple clients deploy Microsoft Agent technology on their closed intranet environments.  But beyond that, the technology seems passé.  Not even Microsoft seems to be supporting it any longer.

Just wondering the viability of ActiveX based tools in these days of heightened security.  I got tons of warning messages from Microsoft Sharepoint Designer when editing pages containing Agent code... which is worrysome when Microsoft's own technology looks like a virus to its IDE...

--
The generation that took acid to escape reality
Is now taking antacid to deal with reality