[thelist] Weird, intermittent site outage

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:20:08 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Cancilla, Dominick
<dcancilla at calwater.com> wrote:

>  About three quarters of the time, when he tries to access his blog (to
>  either view or administer it) from home, he gets a message that the Web
>  site was not found - as if it didn't exist.

>  My thought was that the problem was with his ISP

I've seen similar with a cable setup -- wierd routing loops that result
in various 'not found' type messages, but only intermittently, and not
necessarily for all domains.

Have your friend do a traceroute to his site, as well as other sites he
*can* get to, and compare.

HTH, and good luck,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com