[thelist] need guidance on arrays and loops in PHP

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:47:00 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Ken Snyder <kendsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Jeremy,
>
>  Boy that's confusing.  So assuming you're post vars are named the same
>  as your table columns, are you saying that you have three post vars: id,
>  lo_id, and la_id that are all arrays?  Maybe pasting some code would be
>  helpful.

Don't have much code since I'm still trying to figure out the
direction to go. What I have is a 'favorites' feature on a real estate
site where people can mark properties as a 'favorite'.  Then when the
user is ready for the next step they can complete a short contact form
that will include the MLS #s for the properties.

So if all the properties (assuming there is more than one) were listed
by the same agent, then I forward the contact information to that
agent. If they're listed by different agents, then it goes into  a
general queue for manual assignment.

So the array only has the MLS #s. I use those to find out the lo_id
and la_id for each. Then I have to compare each of the id's to see if
they're the same or not.

Is that any better? Clear as mud still?

-jeremy