[thelist] WebKit/Safari differences between PC and Mac?

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 06:32:55 CDT 2008

Jon Hughes scribeva in 2008-03-21 17:49:
> I'm curious (and I didn't find anything conclusive on Google) as to the
> differences between WebKit/Safari on PC vs Mac.

Nothing conclusive here either, but almost, I'd say: they both render
the Acid2 test[0] correctly. Of course, with strict logic, it only tells
they render the Acid2 test the same way - but not that they'd render
every on the web page the same.

> I am wondering if it's safe at this point to use the PC version for
> safari testing, or if I still have to use the mac version (and in that
> case, I must use the PC version as well)

IMHO, it should be safe to use just the Windows version. Unless, of
course, your client insists on something pixel perfect and is on Mac -
then I'd recommend using the same OS and browser version as they do.

.k

[0]http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html