[thelist] Sharepoint a database?

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Tue Apr 1 15:52:26 CDT 2008

Chris Anderson [Chris at activeide.com] writed:

> Sharepoint Services *uses* a database
> (MSDE or full SQL Server)
>
> It's not a database in its own right, and you
> *do* need SQL (Server).

Yes, I made that point...  but the lead just sat there and looked me in the eye saying, "I still don't see why we need to complicate matters by building a data model when SharePoint will create data structures for us."

Unfortunately, the lead has convinced TPTB that he came down from Mount Olympus with a golden laptop powered by lightning bolts... and that everyone else on the team emits fertilizer from their mouths.

I thought writing a tight architecture document would help make my point... but that was summarily dismissed as "gobbledygook" that no one should waste their time reading.

I am just repeating my mantra:

"It's only a job... take your paycheck and deal...  It's only a job... take your paycheck and deal...  It's only a job... take your paycheck and deal...  It's only a job... take your paycheck and deal..."

--
The generation that took acid to escape reality is now taking antacid to deal with reality
http://dwacon.blogspot.com