[thelist] UK, take credit card, bill in a month

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 04:48:10 CDT 2008

Hi

I don't know if the rules are different in the UK (but that's where we
are) to the US, but I want to sell something off the page and offer a
free trial period. I want to take the credit card details, not bill the
user, and then bill them in 30 days.

It feels like that might be achievable with one or other of the normal
services' recurring billing option: a payment of 0 (or maybe 1p),
followed by one payment of £200 or whatever. Paypal don't offer
recurring billing in the UK. 2CO help chat was just distracted, I
couldn't trust what she was telling me, I imagine she was handling
twenty queries at once or something.

Anyone got a favourite way of doing this?

Cheers