[thelist] Implementing a Content Delivery Network

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:24:20 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Randal Rust <randalrust at gmail.com> wrote:

>  that's a good point. i was kind of wondering myself if that should
>  really be a problem. but there is a definite slowdown when an image is
>  requested.

Are the images being served directly from  the file system or via an
intervening process? If so, what? If not, what web server are you
using, how much memory is allocated to it, .... etc. etc.

I would seriously try to analyze this in depth before reaching the
conclusion that your current platform can't support your app.

It would be a shame to sign up with Akamai and then find out you
had a failing network interface card on your server :-)

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com