[thelist] Open-Source Social application PHP

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Thu Apr 17 11:14:17 CDT 2008

Check out www.kickapps.com

It's a service, not a application you can install locally, but it's free,
has the features you mention (and more), and the free version being
ad-supported will make the user experience very "similar to myspace" :-)

I don't use it currently (The My-SpaceBook-FaceJournal fad actually has me
all LinkedOut and has actually pushed me more toward *antisocial*
networking) but I did some work for a client recently integrating their
site with the service and it's a pretty easy way to (cheaply and easily)
dip your toe into the sea of "Social Media Applications" out there, that
people always seem to be asking for these days.

-dave,