[thelist] vertical alignment of text in table cells

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Thu Apr 17 15:58:26 CDT 2008

On this page

    http://www.hardistyconstruction.com/2008_new/people.php

in FireFox, the names and titles lay out with the title immediately
under the name (as desired) since the name is bottom valigned and the
title is top valigned.

In Explorer, there's buckets of space under the name, so they're yards
apart.

My brain won't give me a non-table way to have the image aligned with
the name vertically, and the title aligned with the name horizontally,
so I went with a table. Which wasn't magic, obviously.

Thoughts on why IE shoves all that space in there, or a non-table way to
lay this out as it appears in FireFox?

Thankies.

joel

--