[thelist] Toggling Flash in Firefox?

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Thu Apr 17 21:15:42 CDT 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 18:57:44 Craig Givens wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to toggle Flash on and off in Firefox
> for web development purposes? I'm curious to see what the fail over
> (alternative content) is for certain sites if you don't have Flash
> installed.
>
> I tried the Flashblock plugin but this replaces the movie with its own
> filler. I want to see how the sites themselves are handling this
> (without digging through the code every time).

Short answer: multiple profiles.

Longer: pretty much what happens anyways, without Flash installed on either
Windows or *nix you get a block the same size as the <object> with some sort
of bg image in it.

Guessing this post may be prompted by articles similar to this one circulating
on the net the past little while:

http://windowssecrets.com/comp/080417#story1

At the bottom is some good info for setting up multiple profiles etc.
--
cheers,

	Mark