[thelist] Toggling Flash in Firefox?

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Thu Apr 17 22:52:09 CDT 2008

> Does anyone know of an easy way to toggle Flash on and off in Firefox
> for web development purposes? I'm curious to see what the fail over
> (alternative content) is for certain sites if you don't have Flash
> installed.

I haven't tried it, but flashswitch.com seems to address this need.

I'm not sure about the usefulness though... only a few don't have any version of Adobe Flash Player installed, and most even have the latest version. This puts it into the same range as those browsing from iPhone or other small displays. We'd probably need a generic universal site instead of just a no-Flash site. Your call, though.

jd/adobe