[thelist] Paypal shopping cart: single shipping cost formultiple items

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon May 5 15:52:54 CDT 2008

> What is the ideal result?

Excellent question. If a shopper buys one or more of his unframed
prints, a single shipping charge of $15 will be added to their cart.

If they buy framed prints, each has its own shipping cost, which would
be added separately.

> A flat shipping rate can be added
> to the Paypal
> shopping cart code - add a hidden field like below and it
> will be calculated
> into the total at checkout:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="24.95">

But would be added to every order, right? If so, not what we need (which
is why you asked, huh?)

> You can also set up a sandbox account at Paypal to test
> things out with,
> follow link on this page to developer central:
> http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board?board.id=sandbox

ah; thanks, Mark. perhaps some sandboxing is in order. I've also asked
the client how *he* sees it happening, 'cause he understands that it's a
process question to some degree, not just a technical question.

joel