[thelist] javascript numbers with decimals

Daniel Kessler danielk at umd.edu
Tue May 6 09:36:09 CDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 10:17 AM, Scott Brady wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Daniel Kessler <danielk at umd.edu>
> wrote:
> Is there a reason you can't just use the isNaN() function to verify
> that it's numeric?

Well, I started out trying to find a isNumber function and on my way,
before I found the isNaN, I started looking into only allowing the
correct characters in, rather than testing for an error afterwards.
Since you can enter in 544.44.44 with this, I might also have a isNaN
check afterwards.  dunno if that is the best tactic, but clearly I
don't do a ton of work in js.

--

Daniel Kessler

University of Maryland College Park