[thelist] Developing in Linux

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon May 12 21:34:00 CDT 2008

Ah, the elitist command line snobs :-)

Command lines tools are good for repetitive tasks, or things that can be highly automated.

They are not necessarily so efficient for one-off, quick tasks, or where someone needs to get an idea of the concepts/capabilities of a new product (which generally a good GUI tool would lay out).

And lastly, Windows has something called "Powershell" now, which is a pretty fully featured shell, that has the benefit of object typing over some of the more traditional shells.

Cheers
Ken