[thelist] [XML] PHP creation of XML.. not starting at top of page..?

Chrome admin at chrome.me.uk
Tue May 20 08:43:06 CDT 2008

> Tris,
>
> There is an error message on the page, so we can't see what you are
> talking
> about.
>
> Nan

In Firefox, at least, you can still view source to view the original XML

[SNIP]
> ============
> ?>
> <?=$showXml ?>
>
> ============
> So I can see that there's a line, but if I remove that line to give:
> ?><?=$showXml ?>
>
> there's still 3 spaces that appear tio be invalid..
>
> so.. how can I put the first line of text at the very top left of my
> code?
[/SNIP]

It sounds like there is whitespace somewhere else in the code... If you are
opening and closing the PHP tags inside that code make sure that there are
no newlines or spaces between the close and the next open

Also make sure that your PHP code has no whitespace preceding your opening
<?php

Just some things to look for but you may want to either post some code or
upload it to PasteBin[1] or similar

HTH

Dan

[1] http://pastebin.com/