[thelist] Website Hacked?

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Sun May 25 12:50:45 CDT 2008

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> I just checked, and the account I'm using to access the database doesn't
> have 'write' permission to the table that was damaged. Seems like a
> pretty fundamental break in the chain, so I must be missing something.
>
> I'm confused again.

Check the Web Server Logs in the time just before the DB was
compromised. You should find the extended URL strings and the name of
the file they used to inject the data.

--
Anthony Baratta

"Unfortunately, because so many Americans buy into the politics of envy,
politicians have a leg up in enacting measures that cripple economic
growth." ---Walter Williams