[thelist] Cookies for Two Sites

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Tue May 27 18:21:02 CDT 2008

I have a client that has two auto dealerships, one GM, one Ford.  Since
the two locations are in different cities, the client believes it is
unlikely that people from one city will want to visit the other location
all that often.  The idea I have is to create an index page with links
to the home pages of both stores.  If they do not click one of the
links, it will route them to the larger GM store after a few seconds.
If they do click a link, I want to offer the option so that their next
visit automatically routes them to the store of their choice.  Each
store's home page will have a link back to the other, which, if clicked,
will route them to the other store, with the option of making the new
store their default choice.

Another option is to take them to GM store to start with and prompt them
in some way with the choice of the Ford store, in case they meant to go
there.

It's been a while since I have played with cookies, so if someone has
done something like this recently and would like to offer some guidance,
it would be greatly appreciated.  I am looking for a simple and elegant
solution.

Thanks,

Norman

--
---

Norman W. Bunn
norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
803.405.1008
www.CraftedSolutions.com
Crafted Solutions, Inc.
Web Design & Development
Web Site Hosting & Custom Solutions
"Get the results the Internet promises;
 get the 'Net Result' from Crafted Solutions!"