[thelist] Classic ASP Form Help

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Thu Jul 3 08:22:46 CDT 2008

Hi Everyone -

I'm working on an existing classic ASP site, and the owner has asked to add
to their contact form a way for the user to attach a file, like a resume.  I
have seen and used this before on other sites.  However, for some reason I'm
having an issue getting my brain around it to work.

I believe that it works like this:
  1) While filling out the form, user selects the file from their computer
  2) File gets uploaded to the server to a temporary location
  3) My mail script will attach the file to the email using CDOSYS
  4) I need to delete the temporary file

I looked for some scripts to use but didn't have much luck.  I would also
like to validate so that only certain files are uploaded, and only certain
sizes.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, has any advice to offer, or
anything to share, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

Todd