[thelist] Classic ASP Form Help

Chris Dempsey chris at gettheedgeonline.com
Thu Jul 3 09:17:31 CDT 2008

> I looked for some scripts to use but didn't have much luck.
Try searching for a script by Lewis Moten.  It's a pure ASP upload method that I've used on several client sites.  Header info from the script reads:

' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'	Author:		Lewis Moten
'	Email:		Lewis at Moten.com
'	URL:		http://www.lewismoten.com
'	Date:		March 19, 2002
' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I probably found it listed somewhere on pscode.com or aspin.com.

WebAssist also publish a pure ASP upload plugin for Dreamweaver so you wouldn't need a component installed on the server and you could then use it on multiple sites if required as I'm sure it's a developer license rather than a server license.

> I would also like to validate so that only certain files are uploaded, and only certain sizes.
You can write your own validation using Lewis's script as it gives access to the file extension although this means uploading it in full first.  Other option is to do a javascript check on what's submitted in the form upload field first.

I've not come across a method for determining file size prior to upload using classic ASP - this may be a security related issue as I guess it would require the browser to access your filesystem.  Google will probably help you clarify this though.

Kind regards,

Chris Dempsey

Company Information
The E-DGE (Studios) Scotland Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland at AFM House, Prestwick, Ayrshire KA9 1BR with Reg no. 312416 and VAT no. 898 4056 69.

Disclaimer
Whilst every care is taken to ensure that all emails are virus free the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Our company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No employee or agent of the company is authorised to enter into a binding contract on behalf of the company with another party by email without express written confirmation.