[thelist] create RSS feed URLs for WordPress blog?

Jeffrey Joslin lists at joslins.net
Thu Jul 10 21:13:53 CDT 2008

Steven Streight wrote:
> Anyone know how to create an RSS feed URL for a website, to add to sidebar
> of a WordPress blog?
>
> Specifically: I want to add an RSS feed for ESPN.com, their auto racing
> page:
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/index
>
> and plug that feed URL into the sidebar under RSS Feeds in this blog:
>
> http://www.hrpworld.com/blog/

Steven,

Perhaps some of the following may help.

See ESPN's RSS feeds info page here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=rssinfo

Here is their motorsports RSS feed:
feed://sports.espn.go.com/espn/rss/rpm/news

Here is a complete listing of all their RSS feeds:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/rss/index

In addition, they produce widgets specifically for insertion into
peoples' blogs, and here is their NASCAR widgets info page:
http://widgetcenter.espn.go.com/widgets/tags/NASCAR

hth,

jj