[thelist] create RSS feed URLs for WordPress blog?

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Thu Jul 10 21:26:38 CDT 2008

*On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:32:46PM -0500 Steven Streight <steven.streight at gmail.com> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:32:46 -0500
> From: Steven Streight <steven.streight at gmail.com>
> Subject: [thelist] create RSS feed URLs for WordPress blog?
> To: "thelist at lists.evolt.org" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>
> Anyone know how to create an RSS feed URL for a website, to add to sidebar
> of a WordPress blog?
>
> Specifically: I want to add an RSS feed for ESPN.com, their auto racing
> page:
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/index

On that exact page there's a link to right of  the words Racing News
labeled Subscribe.  That link follows a little orange icon, that
somewhat (but not really) resembles .)).  This is one of the universal
icons that identify that link as an RSS feed.  You can right click that
link and copy it.  Paste that into
Wordpress/Admin->Design->Widgets->RSS.  That should roughly be the
instructions.  I'm using WP 2.5.1.  Also go here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format) or here
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rss/rss.html to read more about RSS in
general.