[thelist] Can the Search Engines find an unlinked page?

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 08:52:07 CDT 2008

I made a demo site called somesite.com/fred/

There no link anywhere in the world to that page--in fact that only
people who ever saw it are me and my client. But he wants me now to
remove it because he says the search engines will find it and list it.
I am not opposed to removing it, but I think he's wrong. I see no way
for any search engine ever to find it. Am I wrong?

Perhaps since he and I use gmail, Google is reading our email and
thereby finds it?

Thanks.