[thelist] GoDaddy SSL Verification

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 04:30:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Nan Harbison wrote:
> I use godaddy certificates that have always been fine, but godaddy is the
> host as well.
> Can we go to the pages where you are getting the FF error and see if we get
> it, or is that not possible?

I had to check with the boss, but she said it's OK, as long as no one
publishes the URL. It is here:

http://tinyurl.com/64blua

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Todd Richards wrote:
> We use a GoDaddy SSL on one of our own servers, and it is working fine in
> both Firefox and IE.

They have lots of different SSL products--we got the cheapest one. I
don't think that should make a difference, however.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Ken Schaefer wrote:
> You probably have a certificate chaining issue. FF2 maintains its own trusted root and intermediate cert store (from what I recall).
>
> Did you install all the intermediate CA certs onto your webserver?

No--I was not aware of such an issue actually. How does one do that?

Any further ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred