[thelist] GoDaddy SSL Verification

Barry Woolgar barry at burnthebook.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 05:30:18 CDT 2008

Hello

I just had a look in Opera 9.51 and it fails to show as secure, with the
message:

"The server attempted to apply security measures, but failed"

If its useful, the encryption protocol used is TLS v1.0 256 bit AES (1024
bit DHE_RSA/SHA). I mention this because Opera allows you to change which
protocol it will try to use for SSL, so mine might be using a different
protocol (with different requirements on the server) than a standard
install. Or whatever FF uses.

HTH

Barry