[thelist] divs vs table

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Wed Jul 23 08:25:58 CDT 2008

Hi All,

For a long time now I have been using divs for layout on websites. However,
I am doing a page using liquid design where there are several rows of two
photos/images in the content area, and I cannot get the divs to behave in
all cases. When I look at the page in my small laptop, there is only one
photo per row because there isn't enough real estate for both. If I make the
divs small enough to always fit two wide, it doesn't look good on a large
screen. Besides that, IE 6 is displaying the divs strangely, not in the
correct order.
I am about to go back to table layout to force the page to display
properly!!!

Any thoughts? Am I being anal about not using tables? I do use them to
display tabular results of course

Thanks!

Nan