[thelist] Need help with a css problem in IE only

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Sun Jul 27 15:45:56 CDT 2008

Hi Nan,

Thank you for the heads up. I moved the blog and didn't fix the link
with the old url.
Thank you for your compliment:) As for the template, I actually created
and coded it for Joomla and then  had the urge to learn to template for
WP so converted the design to WP.
It was a steep learning curve because I was too used to having the
template in one single file (Joomla) and with WP you have to slice it in
several pieces that are then assembled by the main index.php page but
the results are worth it.
My Joomla site was valid css and xhtml just until I installed any
component because currently most of the components, modules and bots for
Joomla are still not generating compliant code (most still use tables)
so I switched to WP and so far with many plugins and widgets installed
as well as using sIFR3 I still have valid css and xhtml code.
To get everything converted it took about 1 month on a .5 hour/day
effort to do so (I have a FT job and freelance clients so there was not
a lot of time to dedicate to my own site). Half way through the
conversion I decided to go wider since my stats showed I could afford to
target the 1024x768 audience primarily so it took me just a couple of
days to widen the design and adjust the css files for it.
I will post a list of the links/tutorials/codex articles I used to
convert my template.

FayeC

--
Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)