[thelist] OS X Apache hosts, VirtualHost...I'm banging my head!

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Sun Jul 27 22:18:01 CDT 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 15:06, John Corry wrote:
> Then, I add a line to /etc/hosts/ to tell Apache to resolve the request
> for pma.localhost.com to localhost...where Apache will get it and
> resolve it to the correct DocumentRoot and <Directory>.
>
> But it doesn't work.
>
> When I request http://pma.localhost.com in the browser, I get a 403
> Forbidden error page...or now a 404 file not found.

The error log should always tell you exactly what file Apache is trying to
read (and failing to). on my 10.4 it is at /var/log/httpd/error_log

If it's a file permissions issue you could get a 403 or a 404. You might try
moving your web_work to /Users/Shared, which apache should definitely be able
to read.

Sam