[thelist] backoffice type system/ CRM / project management

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 13:11:08 CDT 2008

On 4 Aug 2008, at 16:38, Jeremy Weiss wrote:

> I've been using Zoho CRM for a while but recently started testing
> Sugar CRM
> a couple weeks back. Both appear to be mostly geared toward the sales
> process.

Yes, but Sugar has expanded way beyond this (not for the better imo -
they should have focused on the sales cycle).

> What I'd like to find is something more geared toward project
> management that also includes a ticket system, invoicing, and sales
> support.
> It doesn't have to be free, but I'd prefer a one time license fee
> over a
> subscription fee.

Sugar also has a ticket system.

I presume you've checked out Sugarforge for plugins?

Also, I'm not sure that you'd want all backoffice functions in one
app: wouldn't the better idea be to have a group of apps, sharing core
info via web services, and each one doing one thing really well?

Unless of course you've won the lottery and are buying Oracle (née
Siebel) or SAP of course...