[thelist] changing webhosts and losing all sent email on MacMail

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Mon Aug 11 19:40:38 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a client who just asked me to change their webhost from Verio to
Godaddy. It went fine except my client, who uses MacMail has lost all of his
sent email. What is up with that? I only have experience with PCs and
Outlook, which would NOT have suddenly deleted all the old sent email just
because there are slightly different setting for outgoing email.

Does anyone have experience with this? He is pretty upset. I know Macs are
great for graphics and other stuff, my sister who is not computer savvy at
all loves how easy her Mac is to use. But most businesses I deal with use
PCs. This client switched everyone in the office to Macs, when they were all
comfortable with their PCs. This is probably another discussion..........

Thanks!
Nan