[thelist] upgrading PHP on OS X

nick brogna nick at wemakepretty.com
Sat Aug 16 15:31:14 CDT 2008

Where is the location of your httpd.conf file? If you are not using
the built-in Apache it's probably not under /private/etc/apache2/, are
you sure you are changing the right conf file (for the version of
Apache that is running) to point to your build of php?

What version of OS X are you using? Enough has changed between Tiger
and Leopard that it would help to give you clearer instructions if we
know this.

Also, just as an aside, why did you build your own Apache? Leopard
ships with Apache2 and works great out of the box 99% of the time
(unless you have specific needs). I think you may be making things
harder than they have to be! (If you're using Tiger, I totally
understand not wanting to use Apache 1.3 or whatever that ships with

Cheers,
Nick