[thelist] Any GoogleMini gurus out there?

Brent Eades beades at almonte.com
Sat Sep 6 13:26:10 CDT 2008

This is probably a long shot, but I'll put it out there anyway.

At work I've installed a GoogleMini appliance running the 4.64 version
of the software. Am currently tweaking the XSLT stylesheet that produces
the Mini's HTML search results. Here's my problem.

I'm using the appliance to search two internal networks, usually
accessed by their aliases, 'http://intranet' and 'http://central'.

But because the Mini insists on fully-qualified domain names, I have to
configure it to search http://intranet.acme.com and
http://central.acme.com. These are the URLs that are returned in the
search results.

I want to strip out the '.acme.com' string from all URLs returned,
because my users find those fully-qualified names a little confusing.

The default Mini XSLT stylesheet does have a 'replace_string' template,
but my XSL skills are not sufficient to know how to call that in a way
that would achieve what I need.

So -- any GoogleMini gurus out there? (I won't post the stylesheet
itself because it's about 2,000 lines long.)

--
Brent Eades
Almonte, Ontario