[thelist] GoDaddy Virtual Server

Zachary Kent zachary.kent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:43:44 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Brian Cummiskey <Brian at hondaswap.com> wrote:
> I think no matter who you ask, one company will suck to someone, and be
> great to another.

And the industry is so incestuous that a good small hosting company
today is bought out tomorrow by a hosting giant and now sucks.  It is
nearly impossible to know how big a hosting company is.  They all
claim to have the infrastructure of the company that they are
reselling or renting space from.

> But that's the beauty of it.  If you don't like it, you can move pretty
> easily to another provider.

Small, static sites, yes.  I have a client on Hostgator.  The worst
customer service ever IMO.  He has a shopping cart with over 10K
products and its a bear to move.

Until I find a better host for my clients, I am using/suggesting
Network Solutions.  Their email is slow though so I use Google's mail
servers.