[thelist] CMS: opensource or hand-roll?

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 01:44:19 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Zachary Kent <zachary.kent at gmail.com>wrote:

> > So... What about a person developing ONE type of website for ONE type of
> > client....
>
> Good point.  I am planning to market mainly to law firms.  By doing so
> I can concentrate on specific features and create lesser used modules
> as I go.

That, to me, sounds like a compelling reason to use an existing CMS - so you
can concentrate on the needs of law firms, not creating user login modules
and minding security vulnerabilities.

If you haven't spent much time with Drupal over the last few years, I really
think it's worth a look.  Might want to see if you can have a peek at Pro
Drupal Development ( http://www.drupalbook.com ).  It's sort of important
when googling around for drupal stuff that you mind the date of what you're
reading.  This is a little out of date now but perhaps interesting to you:
http://archivemati.ca/2006/01/21/drupal-as-a-mvc-framework/