[thelist] Gmail / Exchange Tip [more payback for that disasterous out of office message]

Chris Dempsey chris at gettheedgeonline.com
Fri Sep 19 09:09:57 CDT 2008

<tip type="Gmail into Exchange via POP">
Gmail allows you to get POP access to your account but requires a secure
connection.  The POP connector in Exchange on Small Business Server 2003
does not allow you specify Use Secure Connection the same way as Outlook
or other clients allow.

The following Blog posts detail how to install Stunnel on SBS which
allows you to connect to Gmails POP server:

http://www.kristensguide.com/Computers/K9/k9_with_stunnel_gmail.asp

http://doesitecho.com/archives/2007/02/gmail_via_pop3_on_exchange.php

http://www.stunnel.org/download/binaries.html

This helped us out big style as one of the main organizations we deal
with run their mail on Gmail on a Google Partner account but we run
Exchange in the office.
</tip>