[thelist] hiding email addresses

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 16:45:17 CDT 2008

On 19 Sep 2008, at 12:38, graham.hays wrote:

> Is there a good (simple) way of hiding email addresses from spammers?

Yep - don't publish 'em on the web.

> I've been using the following approach but not sure if it works as
> intended... it displays OK (forename.surname at domain) but will it fool
> spammers?

Nope, although it's a *tiny* bit less vulnerable, and if you're the
only one that uses it, it may not be worth the 2 minutes' effort
required to parse it.

> If not what does anyone recommend

Don't publish email addresses on the web. Use contact forms that all
the data is kept server side.

Cheers
Martin