[thelist] Working with binary data from SQL Server 2k

Michael Pack michaelpack at wvdhhr.org
Thu Sep 25 12:39:36 CDT 2008

Hey all, I am looking for ideas (outside of using Data Transformation
Services) for taking pipe delimited CSV files from SQL Server 2k (stored
as Binary) . I want to take the data out via IO.MemoryStream with VB.net
2.0 and loop through line by line (like a recordset) then send the
records into my Stored Procedure for insert.

I can Response.BinaryWrite(myMemoryStream.ToArray) and get the
information to write out to the screen. I just can't figure out a way to
work through the data.

I appreciate any and all ideas.

Thanks