[thelist] translating a website into Nepali

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Fri Sep 26 13:34:49 CDT 2008

Hi Lisa,

I came to the conclusion that my computer is not capable of looking at other
alphabets (without a significant investment of my time) although it can when
it is in a web browser. I copied some Nepali text from a Nepali website. On
the top of the screen is the copied text (they had an email address in
English), and on the bottom is a screen shot of what this page looked like
on my computer in DreamWeaver. I actually couldn't see myself dealing with
this, as I wouldn't know what to look for if something was wrong, so I told
my client I could not do this.

A company called www.trytun.com was recommended to me, which I have
forwarded to my client, and other than that I don't know what is going to
happen yet. Since my client's company goes to Nepal, they may be trying to
find someone there that can do the translation and actually put the
translation into the web pages.

I assume you are talking about translations in other alphabets?
DO you want me to call my client and ask what they are going to do?

Nan