[thelist] Getting version control into the office for the first time

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Fri Oct 3 16:47:18 CDT 2008

On Saturday 27 September 2008 15:27:36 Stephen Rider wrote:
> For those on Mac OS X I highly recommend you check out a program
> called Versions -- a GUI interface for Subversion.  It's still in beta
> (meaning "free, for now..."), but it's so incredibly easy to use and
> intuitive it's been instrumental in helping a clueless n00b (i.e. me)
> get the hang of SVN very quickly.

On my Mac OS X machine at work, I use SCPlugin, which is a plugin for Finder,
which integrates Subversion control into Finder's context menu, very much
like TortoiseSVN integrates with Explorer on Windows. Oh, and it's open
source.

http://scplugin.tigris.org/

On my Linux machine at home, I use KDEsvn (I use KDE). Those using Gnome can
look at RapidSVN which is a Gnome svn client.

Just thought I'd add my 2c ;-)

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za