[thelist] how to open a link in a div on a page

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 18:55:00 CDT 2008

On 4 Oct 2008, at 21:35, Erika wrote:

> What is it you trying to accomplish, exactly?  I'm guessing that you
> want a nav menu in a separate file for ease of maintenance, right?
> But
> it is ok (and even desirable, for SEO and navigability) for each
> link to
> open a new url -- right?
>
> If so, it seems like the simplest answer would be server-side
> includes.

Yep, that'd be the thing.

You *can* do this with FrontPage (*shudder*) if your host is running
FP Extensions.

And finally, but not particularly Search-Engine Friendly-ish (or
entirely accessible), you could use AHAH
http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/ahah
to load the content in at runtime.

Cheers
Martin