[thelist] how to open a link in a div on a page

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:50:50 CDT 2008

Hi Laura,

Why not just copy the navigation to each new page?  If you use ajax or
frames to do this, you lose bookmarking.  If a search spider finds one of
your content pages and some one finds it in via google or whatever, they'll
land on the actual page but be without navigation.

Additionally, I don't think most search spiders will follow your current
javascript links (not sure these days) but certainly anyone without a JS
enabled browser will not be able to navigate your site.

It's neat loading stuff directly but there are sometimes good reasons to
stick with good old page refreshes.

</2cents>

Will

PS.  Did you hear that Xerox bought Wurlitzer??? Press release said they
wanted to make reproductive organs.
PPS. Sorry, I can't help it.

the link: http://octos.org/ooth/2new.htm